“I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.” Romans 15:30
Locker rooms are where the interior of a team is built and developed. Locker rooms are where goals are defined and measured, and the struggle comes out.
Yesterday I had the special privilege of entering a legendary locker room immediately after a convincing victory. Some profound, stirring things took place there. Amazing really.
When you enter a locker room, the presence of a group or team, what do you bring? Scripture here points to five wonderful things in this simple verse:
1. URGENCY – Urge other men. Don’t let them drift. Don’t leave them alone…on an inactive roster. Charge and connect. It’s God’s game plan. Have an urgency to include others.
2. MOTIVATION – Jesus drives men to great attitude and action like no other. Let Him drive you. Be confident this will infect others too. Make Him your first motivation, first audience. Let all other motivations flow from there. Audience of One. Point men here.
3. PASSION – Learn to love the Spirit of God. Be passionate for Him. Let His passions become yours. Let His love infuse you. Let Him define and stir up all the proper passions in you. Buddy up with Him through life, for life.
4. GOOD RECRUITING – Invite others into your foxhole, your struggle. And freely join other men’s foxholes too. There’s power for the journey and greater joy in the journey when men are joined in the journey.
5. GODWARD EXPRESSION – Invite another man’s prayers. Pray for him too. Pray together, man on man. Give great expression to all this. Perhaps the greatest way we can join in manly struggle is to take each other to the Throne of God in prayer.
* Carrying a good sense of urgency about things right now?
* Making Jesus your highest motivation? Audience of One in place in your life?
* Loving the Spirit of God’s role in your life? Buddying up with Him?
* Asking others to join in your struggle? Joining in their’s?
* Taking men freely to the throne of God in prayer? Who? Inviting them to take you?
LORD, may I operate faithfully according to Romans 15:30. Help me bring urgency, motivation, passion, good recruiting, and godly expression to every locker room I’m in…for Your glory and my joy in You. Amen.
Heart for others.
Glory to God.